Thursday, June 11, 2009

Craft Time

During the summer I try to keep the kids busy with different activities. On Mondays we have craft time, Tuesday is school time, Wednesday is water/swimming time...stuff like that. When I said it was craft time, Teagan asked if they could do his finger painting kit that he has had for awhile. I said sure and he was very excited. It's been awhile since the kids have painted and it was fun to watch them.




After the paintings were dry we decided to hang them up somewhere. I thought the back door would be a good idea, and it was. I love how the light shines through and brightens the pictures. It's really pretty. You can't really see the kids in this picture...they are pointing to their pictures that they painted.

A few weeks ago it was Kevin's birthday. The big 34! I made him french toast with strawberries for breakfast and made him wear this new birthday hat I bought. The kids each picked out something for him at the $1 store. Livia picked out Fiddle Faddle...so Kevin thought she deserved a kiss. :)


Okay...so here it is! The pool I wanted. I finally found one when I was at the store this past week. Since it wouldn't fit in my van, I called Kevin and asked him to come pick it up in his truck. He was in the middle of studying, but he knew how much I wanted it, so he came and picked it up for me. The kids have played in it everyday. It's not Huge...but it keeps them busy for awhile. It's something for them to do during the hot summer days.




1 comment:

  1. Yay for craft time! And Kevin's birthday! And the pool! Okay, I seriously had Kevin's birthday on my calendar and, of course, still forgot to acknowledge it. Because I am an awesome friend.
    Your house is so clean. ALWAYS. How are we friends? :)
    I love that picture of Kevin kissing Livia. SO cute. I love when I catch JC and the kids on camera, being all sweet. You guys are such a cute family.
    I am so glad for your pool too! Yay! You have inspired me to get out ours more often. Well, not the same one...we may graduate to being cool enough for a slidey kind next year (haha...meaning, I will perhaps trust my kids to not wreck it...or myself to not neglect to take care of it...).
    Such fun summer activities! You are a fun mom!

    ReplyDelete