Monday, June 29, 2009

Apples, Apples, Apples

Okay, so Kevin bought me a dehydrator a few Christmas's ago and well, umm, I have never used it. Kevin was getting a little annoyed so he finally pulled it out and put it to work. He really loves apple rings so we got a bunch of apples and we borrowed my sister-in-law (Jennifer's) apple, peeler, corer thing.(?) It's really cool! I have seen it demonstrated before at a few Shar classes that I have been to. (Cooking and baking classes for those who don't know). It is truly an amazing contraption. The kids couldn't get enough of it so pretty much all Sunday that's what we did. The kids also really liked the peel. As the apple was being peeled, they would yell..."The skin!" And they would grab it and eat it like it was candy licorice or something. We probably went through 10 apples that day. (at least!) The kids just loved it!

Here is Kevin showing us how it is done...with his hairy arms. (Funny side story) We were driving in the car the other day and I glanced over at Kevin and his arm hairs were "blowing in the wind" from the AC. I started laughing and then Kevin told me how his brothers have been teasing him lately.
I was downloading this pictures onto the computer and Teagan walked in and said "Oh cool, the apple thing...is that daddy?" "Yes," I said. Then Teagan said "He's hairy!"
Then a few minutes later Kevin came in and saw this picture and said "Dude, I'm hairy, you can't put that picture on there! I am going to shave my arms right now."
We shall see! :)



Here is Teagan grabbing "the skin."



The apple peeler turns the apple into a slinky. My kids like to call it "boing, boing."
(Notice "the skin" hanging out of Maylee's mouth.)



Here is my dehydrator. Doesn't it look brand new? Pretty good for being a few years old, huh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment