Maylee had her 5th birthday this past week! I can't believe how fast time goes. My little Maylee-Moo will be going to Kindergarten this coming fall...so crazy! Well, she had a little birthday party with a few friends. She and I had came up with alot of different ideas, but we decided to go with a "Garden Party." It turned out pretty cute. We just did a few simple games and crafts that had to do with bugs or flowers...something garden-ish. We played pin the bug on the flower, and we had a bug hunt...I hid pretend bugs in the living room while Teagan read the girls a story about Lady bugs. Oh, and they each got to decorate a little pot to put all their goodies in. They also painted sun-catchers that were different bugs. I was going to have them each make a flower pen but I figured I would probably just go around helping them anyway, so I just made them ahead of time and put one in each of their pots to take home. And no birthday is complete without cake and ice cream. Maylee wanted a chocolate-zucchini cake (which I used the zucchini from our garden, not that any of the 4 or 5 year olds cared). And then I just put a few pink flowers on the top.
Here are some pictures from her party...
If want to see some more cute pictures, look on Mandy's blog :) She was my official photographer. She was a huge help with the party! Thanks Mandy!
A few of the girls coloring different pictures...
Kaylie, Maylee, Sydney, and Amberlyn.
Opening presents...this bag matches her party perfect, not to mention Maylee's shirt!

A fairy Barbie...one of many girly things that she got for her birthday.

Blowing out the candles...it took a few blows, but she finally got them all out.
(Cute little Bethany watching in anticipation)

Her actual birthday was 2 days later, so Grandpa Lichlyter came over to help her celebrate. I asked her what she wanted for dinner and she said "fry bread." So, I got out my wheat dough from the freezer and made some fry bread. We sang "Happy Birthday" again and ate the rest of her cake.
I decided to make her an "Artwork book" to put all her pictures in. She LOVES coloring and making pictures and cards. She really likes her book and has already put a few papers in it. :)

Happy 5th Birthday Maylee!!! :)
I can't believe she is FIVE! I remember when Teagan used to go get in "Mayo's" crib with her when she would wake up from her nap. That was probably when they were about the same ages as my kids. Crazy. Your cake turned out so great!! We seriously need to hang out before your new bundle comes along. Our weekend is gonna be crazy this week, but maybe next weekend. Happy late birthday to cute, funny Maylee Moo!
ReplyDeleteWay to go on the party, great ideas! She looks so happy, how are you feeling??? Do you know what you are having?
ReplyDelete