Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Cutest First Grader

I want to start by saying that Teagan and me are similar in many ways. (I am not referring to the title of this post.) :)



Last week he had his first grade music concert, it was so cute. We invited mine and Kevin's parents. (My batteries were dead on my camera but luckily my parents brought theirs. Thanks mom and dad!) The kids were to meet in their classroom so that they could all walk out together. All the little first graders started coming out and were lining up on the stage. Teagan came out and was in the middle row right behind a few very tall kids. I was so sad because I thought I wouldn't be able to see him at all, but right as I was starting to complain to my mom, the choir teacher had Teagan move to the front row right in the middle! He is the smallest one in the group...our first similarity. (I was always the smallest in my grade until probably junior high.) I could tell he was a little nervous (I would have started crying if I were him) He stood very still with his hands behind his back.




The concert began and about 1/3 of the kids were not singing, my son included. Our second similarity. They also had hand motions for many of the songs. Every once in awhile I could see his mouth move a little so I could tell he knew the words.

After a few songs his hands moved to his sides. He still did not do the hand motions but he was singing just a little bit more. He was getting more and more comfortable with each song. And yet another similarity...sometimes it takes me awhile to feel comfortable doing something in front of people.



A few songs later right in the middle of the song, his hands came up and he did one of the actions! I was so excited! He did a great job and I am so proud of him.




I always tease him (even though I am being serious) and call him the cutest first grader. He thinks it's so funny and laughs or says "don't say it, don't even say it..." while laughing. I know I am his mom, but I really do think he's the cutest first grader!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment