Happy 4th of July!
Mine and Kevin's first 4th of July together, he jumped into Keri and James's pool and split his head open. We had a similar experience this year with Teagan...like father, like son. :) It wasn't nearly as bad (no stitches required) but it was still not all that pretty. And this picture doesn't do it justice. (I wanted to get a close-up of it but he wasn't thrilled with the idea).
Teagan was playing with the girls, chasing them. Well, he ran into their room and pushed the door open with quite some force that after hitting the door stop it came right back and the doorknob hit poor Teagan right in the face. He came out screaming and it was sticking out an inch! I have never seen anything like it. Poor kid! We put some frozen peas on it but he didn't like that so much, so I got a cold wet rag and he held it on there all night.
Our ward had it's annual parade and breakfast. It was pretty darn hot so the parade was probably the shortest there ever has been. And my kids were not as fancy as I was hoping they would be...I had big plans for them, but trying to make it to the park by 7:30 am was enough for me. But hey, they were all in red, white, and blue! :)
Okay...sometimes I get a little carried away. (This is at my mom's house) But I couldn't help it, there were red and blue markers next to the cups. You can't see in the picture but each cup has stars of fireworks on them. :)
Watching the fireworks with Calvin and Izzy, Teagan is in the middle. (Mom and Dad came with us too) There was a show at Mesquite High School so we headed over to Islands Elementary and sat in the big field. They were nothing too special, but you can't have the 4th of July without fireworks!
You don't know me but I did skinny jeans with you and I am friends with Carrie Ricks. She said that people were going to think we were related because of our last name and I just found out that we are. My husband is Curtis Lunt and the son Of Nelson Lunt. Your husband and mine are cousins. I thought what a coincidence and thought I would say hi. You have a beautiful family and hope your pregnancy is going well.
ReplyDeleteChristal Lunt