While the boys were gone, us girls had to do something fun! So we spent all day Friday out and about. We packed a lunch and ate it in the car on the way to our first stop...the Mall. We just walked around for awhile. The girls played but that didn't last very long, so we started making our rounds. (We always have to stop at the book store and the pet store.) The only store in the mall that I actually made a purchase from was Hi-Health. After we left the mall we headed to Sonic for 3 cups of ice. (Their ice is my favorite. I usually get a cup of it and then just fill it with my water, but this time we actually filled them with something else! Some vitamin water that I had just bought from Hi-health. The girls were very excited about that.) After feeling refreshed, we headed to Micheal's for a few craft supplies. I saw an idea of felt pizza online and thought it was cute, and since I already had a lot of felt I decided we would try it out. (It's been awhile since we have done craft time and I thought we should get going on that again.)
When I asked Maylee what she wanted to do for girls night, she said she wanted to watch a movie and eat popcorn. So, I thought it would be fun to let her choose a movie from "the movie store" aka: Blockbuster. We ran in to Subway (which was right next door) to use the restroom, but we were all so hungry because we had an early lunch, that we decided to have an early dinner too...it was 4:30. After we ate our sandwiches we picked out a movie from Blockbuster. First, Maylee choose a Care Bear movie, but I told her if she wanted me to watch it with her she might need to choose a different one. So, she went with "Shark tale." We drove home and put on the movie and I made popcorn and chocolate milk...I had made some for the boys to take with them and the girls were a little jealous. After the girls went to bed that night, I stayed up and cut out the stuff for the felt pizza, which the girls spend awhile playing with today.
I also painted Maylee and Livia's toe-nails today, which went perfect with "girl time." It wasn't planned but I walked into my bathroom to find Livia sitting on the counter painting her own toe-nails! Luckily she was on her first one and there was no polish to be seen any where else.
We love when the boys are home...but sometimes it's nice to have a little girl time! And I am sure that the boys enjoyed their time away too!
Hey Girl! Long time! I love the felt pizza idea, that is so cute. I am so glad that you have a blog and your family is beautiful! If you ever feel like it, you should sign up for a facebook account. Almost everyone from our ol' gang is on there. It seems that your family is doing well. It is good to get back in touch with you!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute blog Ali! It was fun talking to you tonight at the family party. Im glad you got to have fun with your girls. They are such cuties!
ReplyDelete