Sunday, May 17, 2009

10 Years Ago...

Wow! I can’t believe that I am saying this (or writing it) but 10 years ago this week, I graduated from Gilbert High School. (Go Tigers!!!) It’s crazy to think that it has been that long. Some days I feel like it was not that long ago, and other days I feel like it was a life-time ago. When I think about how much my life has changed since then, it’s amazing. So, in honor of my 10-year reunion I would like to share 10 of my favorite things from then, and now.

Then: 1999
Color- Baby blue, light purple
Sport- Volleyball

Store- Dillards (really? I don’t ever remember going there…)
Food-
Mexican and Pizza
Holiday-
Christmas
Animal-
Dolphin, monkey, horse
Thing to do-
Dance, Rollerblade, go on dates
Snack- Anything with peanut butter
Movie-
Ever After, Apollo 13, That thing you do
TV Show- Wonder Years, I love Lucy


Now: 2009
Color- Go Green!
Sport- Volleyball
Store- Whole Foods
Food- Mediterranean Roasted Chicken Pita from Pita Jungle
Holiday- Christmas
Animal- umm...cat???
Thing to do- Go to Disneyland with my kids...and hubby
Snack- Smoothie and homemade muffins
Movie- Pirates of the Caribbean, Get Smart
TV Show- The Office, Heroes

Please don’t laugh…I have never been a good writer or very big on details… (obviously) And I apologize for it being soooo long...lol.
My journal entry 5-22-99:

“…And now I am a graduate from Gilbert High School. Graduation was Wednesday night and it was so awesome. We partied til about 3:00am. I was falling asleep so I decided to go home. We went to one party til about 1:30, then we went to Denny’s, then we went to another party, then we went home. On the way home we drank Kristyn’s “Orbit,” a weird drink that has red floaties in it. She had it on her dresser for the past 2 years. So that’s how I celebrated. Eric and I saw “Stars Wars; Episode 1.” It was so awesome! It opened on Wednesday and we saw it Friday morning! Cool! I quit my job at Island Pizza. Finally after 2 ½ years. In 2 days we leave for Spain! I am so excited! Yea!!”

Wow, sounds really exciting, huh? :) I was very happy to graduate from High School and to move on to the next phase of my life…College. I would have never guessed how much the little town of Thatcher would have changed my life. Living on my own, the friends I would make, the memories I would keep forever, growing spiritually, and meeting my future husband.

3 comments:

  1. Wow..is it really this week? I can't believe you remember the date. It really doesn't seem like very long ago does it. Good ol' Gilbert High. And EA, such a blast. At least for the six months that I was there living in the mack shack. I loved your journal entry, very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... time flies, doesn't it?! I consider myself a 'tiger-hawk' since I attended both schools for two years each, and I LOVED my time at BOTH.

    I played volleyball at CGCC and I still remember playing (and BEATING) EA! Those were some REALLY fun times. What a great sport! Ahhh, the days when wearing spandex was an option. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali, I'm a little disturbed by your favorite shows in high school. Didn't you grow up in the same year that I did? Don't get me wrong I love Lucy, too and the Wonder Years were wonferful, but it just seems like the wrong era. Haha! My 10 year reunion is next year,so crazy! I liked your felt pizza from the post before. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete