Sunday, October 4, 2009

Keepn' Busy

The last month has been filled with some exciting stuff! (Well, you know...exciting for little ones).
Kevin took Maylee's training wheels off her bike a few months ago (or more) but since then has not had time to teach her how to ride. Well, it finally happened. And it wasn't even planned. We were just on a little family walk and Maylee decided she wanted a turn on Teagan's bike. So she did! And she learned so fast and only had a few run ins with the street. :)
Here she is trying it out on her bike after we got back home.


It is so nice that the weather is cooling down now. The kids have been playing alot outside the last week. The other day they were outside playing and Kevin walked by the window and started chuckling when he saw this...

Teagan was pulling Maylee and her chicken in the wagon. Ah, the good ol' days when I used to play outside with my brother and my pet chicken, wait a minute...
Not sure if it's cause he is the 4th child or not, but I don't seem to take as many pictures of Staten as my other kids. Well, I thought this was a cute one. I am actually holding him and Teagan took the picture for me. :)
I was washing the dishes from dinner and I sent the kids in for their bath. A few minutes later Teagan came into the kitchen (naked) and said "mommy look." He flexed for me and I couldn't help it and I said, "holy (pause) crap" I was trying to think of another word to say but I couldn't. Not that I have seen alot of 7 year old's flex, but his muscles seem pretty big to me???


For the last month or so Livia has been doing a playgroup with her friend Maren (they didn't know each other before I started the playgroup, but now they are friends...aren't moms great!) They have had alot of fun together painting, playing house, dress-up, and play dough. Livia thinks she is such a big girl now. Here they are having their snack on the kitchen floor. (Ya, I don't know why they are not at the table...haven't you ever eaten grapes off the ground before?)


Livia had her birthday this past month! 3 years old, yeah! She wanted a flower cake (like Maylee) so I took her to the store and had her pick out some fun plates and some pretty flowers. I made a carrot cake and grandma and grandpa Lichlyter and Lunt came over to help celebrate. It was a little rushed eating cake and opening presents since Kevin had about 15 minutes before he had to go to school. But Livia had a good time and she got alot of fun stuff. She is getting so big and definitely is the greatest helper. I don't know what I would do without my little Livy!!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love your family! You guys are so cute and I look up to you so much.
    I think it's sweet that Livia has a little friend she spends time with. I should really arrange something like that for Bethany - she is always having to hang out with me and he brothers...boring... :)
    Staton is just so sweet, I want to snuggle him so much! Let's get together soon so I can do just that...oh, and so we can hang out too...
    Love you guys!
    P.S. That picture of Maylee with the chicken makes me giggle. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful family. I love this blog and seeing the kids soooo cute pictures. I'm thinking these are some pretty cute kids (and not just because they are my grandchildren). I remember Matt pulling you, Ali, in the wagon (oh wait, that must have been me pulling my brother in a wagon). Whatever.
    LOVE YOU!!!!!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete