Friday, April 17, 2009

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

The other day (Tuesday, I think) it was a really windy day. I was in the middle of making dinner and kind of suddenly, everyone ran outside to fly kites. (Teagan got a kite for Easter and was SO excited about it. He had been wanting another one for a month or so since his last one broke.) It was almost too windy! I was having a hard time taking pictures of the kites, they kept flying all over the place...which I guess is what they are suppose to do. :) I did get a few good shots of them and the kids flying them. Teagan's ended up getting stuck on our roof, but with the help of our neighbor, the boys were able to get it down. The kite flying only lasted about 15 minutes but it was sure fun to watch!

Here is Teagan's Eagle kite. It almost looks real, doesn't it?

It's hard to see in the picture but the string was tangled all over the place.

Maylee has had her kite for quite a few years. She was excited to be able to get it out of the closet.
Here it is. Her famous Strawberry Shortcake kite that I bought who knows how long ago at Wal-Mart for one dollar.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time! Definitely kite flyin' weather lately! I like Teagan's majestic eagle. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you love it when $1 gets you years worth of fun!

    ReplyDelete