The other day I was trying to think of something new to keep the girls busy so I could get some cleaning done. I was starting the dishes and the thought came to me that when I was little I loved pretending to cook. I told the girls to sit at the table and I gave them each a bowl and a spoon. They looked excited (probably thinking they were getting a snack). Next, I filled our little condiment cups with misc items. Old flour, pumpkin seeds, wheat berries...and I took out some old spices that I don't use anymore (marjoram, pepper, and basil).
They loved it! It didn't last as long as I had hopped, but they loved being able to mix together whatever they wanted. I asked them what they were making and Maylee said, "I don't know, we'll have to wait and see." She kept stirring and mixing and I kept washing the dishes. A few minutes later I looked over and Maylee was just putting a bite in her mouth. I couldn't help it and I started to laugh. "Oh no, Maylee, you are not suppose to really eat it, it's just pretend." And then Livia, seeing the whole thing said, "like this," and put her spoon towards her mouth but didn't let her concoction get near her lips as she made a crunching noise like she just took a bite of something. It was so cute.
After everything I gave them was in their little blue bowls and their little arms were tired from stirring, they decided to be done. Maylee put hers in the fridge when she was done. "So it can get yummy." She told me. (Not really sure if she really gets the idea of just pretending...with real food.)
They are so funny! Did you see the goofy pictures that I put of them on my blog? I like how Livia seems like such a little grown-up sometimes. I love the picture you have as your header. So cute!
ReplyDelete